Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Spring 2015 Anime Watching List


This post may be late, considering most of the Spring 2015 anime have reached episode 9 or 10 this week. But anyway, here is the list of anime I am watching this season:

  1. Ore Monogatari!! I admit I have read the manga up to the latest chapter that has been scanlated. I am happy that this anime will be 24 episodes long, because I cannot get enough of Takeo and Yamato and Suna! They are so cute and hilarious. 
  2. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Com wa Machigatteiru Zoku. Some of my friends rate this anime as the best of the season so far. However, I admit I am really annoyed with many female characters in this series, including the usually calm and composed Yukinoshita. Though this series may show the reality of high school society loaded with with indecisive teens, ones who tend to magnify simple problems and ones trying so hard to look like an ideal student council member who promotes win-win solution and endless discussion in long, dreadful meetings. Also with some outcasts like Hikigaya Hachiman and his chuunibyou friend. 
  3. Arslan Senki. Apparently this is the Akatsuki no Yona of the season, due to its fictional ancient kingdom setting and its... super slow pace. I have been enjoying the series without feeling that the pace has been to slow, though. I find it intriguing and sometimes heart-wrenching (that betrayal, and the books burning especially). I intend to watch the classic OVA versions in the future. 
  4. Gintama. I admit I have not watched all of the episodes of the previous season since it's too many LOL. Thankfully I can watch the latest series without feeling too clueless because of its episodic tendency. I really enjoy the series so far. 
  5. Hibike! Euphonium. I heard that this series will be about a kind of jazz club, but turned out that it is about a brass band club. I like how the anime shows the club's struggle to improve their skill to compete at the nationals, and Taki-sensei's calm upbringing that goes along with his tough exercises. 
  6. Kekkai Sensen. An epic and chaotic anime adaptation from the manga made by Nightow Yasuhiro, who created Trigun in the past. I guess this anime is one of the most popular ones in my twitter's network timeline. I have been enjoying the chaotic episodes that reminds me a lot of Trigun and Hamatora.
  7. Owari no Seraph. Strange disease, vampires and its extermination army. Childhood friends that possibly will meet as enemies. Some people said that it reminds them of No.6, which can make sense in some ways. It reminds me more of Black Bullet though, excluding the lolis and replacing the Gastrea with group of vampires.
  8. Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki. I expected to see more epic battles against Gauna in this season. Though the last few episodes have been more about Nagate and his subtle harem, which in my opinion should not be too much, considering the few episodes they have for the current season. I have not read the manga yet, so I do not know whether the story would really end in a few episodes. 
  9. Uta No Prince Sama: Maji Love Revolutions. I admit I have been watching Utapri with my boyfriend simply for the lulz. We enjoy the regular cheesy reverse-harem traits here.
  10. Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. My boyfriend and I often call this series "Unlimited Bego Works" (Bego = Dumb in Bahasa Indonesia) because of Emiya Shirou's persistent naïvety and lame moves here. I was impressed by the first episodes of the previous season, but Shirou's lameness is getting more and more hopeless as the story advances. Nevertheless I still watch this series because I am curious on how it will end in this TV series. 
  11. Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal. I had some expectations that were too high for this remake at the beginning of this series. It looked promising at first, but the animation is getting worse especially once the Black Moon Arc starts. It reminds me of some beginners' fanart and the high school animation club's work at the first episode of Shirobako. Story-wise, I admit I like how it is faithful to the manga, despite so much criticism in this front. I have forgotten the whole manga storyline, and -silly me- I have sold all of Sailormoon mangas I had in my childhood so I could not reread it at the moment. So, I intend to watch this anime to the end, despite the derpy animation. Still better than reading messy scanlations with westernized names that bugs me even more, LOL.

That is quite a lot! My anime watching list seems to get longer and longer, although I have considered opting out and dropping some titles. This season, I dropped Punch Line and Re-Kan!.

Punch Line seems to get positive reviews on Myanimelist. I had a good first impression on this anime, but later I feel that it was getting more chaotic and confusing for me *LOL*. Considering the amount of anime that I actually enjoy and are already on my watch list this season, I decided to drop the title on around episode 2 or 3.

As for Re-Kan!, I dropped it because I admit I did not really enjoy watching it. It reminds me of Tonari no Seki-kun in terms of the main character doing random stuffs. In this case, random stuffs involving supernatural beings that are normally invisible by most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment