Friday, July 24, 2015

#TBRTakedown Readathon 2.0

While the High Summer Read-a-Thon is still going on until Sunday, I decided to extend my readathon by participating the #TBRTakedown Readathon 2.0 hosted by Shannon @ leaninglights. This readathon runs from July 25 to 31. I never have any formal TBR list or pile, but I well realize that I have HEAPS of unread books in my shelf. There are five challenges that have been officially set up in this readathon:
  1. First book in a Series
  2. A Sequel
  3. Out of Your Comfort Zone
  4. On Your Shelf for Over a Year
  5. Most Recently Hauled Book
I am still doing the 100 Days of Reading Indonesian Literature challenge and planning to continue until it ends in October, with the exception of reading for Austen in August. For the sequel challenge, I plan to read Ayu Utami's Maya, the 4th book of the Bilangan Fu series. That book can also be counted in the 4th challenge, as it has been in my shelf since 2013. As for the first book in a series, I plan to read Pramoedya Ananta Toer's Bumi Manusia. It has been translated to English as The Earth of Mankind, just in case you are interested but cannot read in Bahasa Indonesia. Out of my comfort zone, I plan to read Kumpulan Budak Setan, a horror short story anthology that tributes to the legendary Indonesian horror author, Abdullah Harahap. I have not read any of his book, but apparently he is one of the most important literary figures in my country. I think I have not read any mystery/horror/thriller book since I was in high school. I used to read a lot of R.L. Stine's books from the Goosebumps and Fear Street series, but not anymore since I got hooked in the literary world. I just recently purchased Nh. Dini's earlier memoirs and novel from Jualbukusastra, an excellent place that sells Indonesian literary books, including some that are not normally sold in most Indonesian mainstream-ish bookstores. I plan to read the 3rd book of her memoir series, Langit dan Bumi Sahabat Kami.  

Pretty covers!

As usual, I am going to update this post with wrap-up report once this readathon ended. I am looking forward to read a lot and find out how much I read until 31st!

Wrap-Up Report

Although I only managed to read 2 books (again), I really enjoyed this week of reading under the #TBRTakedown 2.0. There were sprints I always missed but still did outside their running time anyway, and they helped a lot to boost my reading time. A progress graphic will be here soon.

My current read when I started this readathon was Maya by Ayu Utami, a sequel and a book that has been in my shelf for more than a year. As how I mentioned on the previous readathon wrap up, this book was a page turner. I did not read much on the first day, but I managed to finish it on the second day. I continued with Pramoedya Ananta Toer's Bumi Manusia,  the first book of the Buru Quartet. I finished it on the last day of this readathon. I intended to continue with Jane Austen's Persuasion to kick-start the Austen in August, but I was already too tired :)) I did not read much on the sixth day either, because I got so tired after work and a long walk that day.

Total pages read: 748
Total books read: 2
Challenges done: 3 of 5 (First in a Series, A Sequel, and On Your Shelf for Over A Year)

Books read:
1. Maya by Ayu Utami
2. Bumi Manusia by Pramoedya Ananta Toer

Did you participate in a readathon recently? What did you read last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment