Sunday, July 19, 2015

High Summer Read-a-Thon


Eid Al-Mubarak to everyone who celebrates it! I am still on my Eid holidays since last Friday until next Tuesday, so it has been a perfect time to maximize my reading. I am happy to found that there is another readathon coming up tomorrow. I will participate the High Summer Read-a-Thon and have a lot of fun reading in the next week! This readathon is a part of seasonal readathons held by Seasons of Reading. You can sign up here if you are interested to participate as well. 

Goal

Reflecting from my previous participation in a readathon, I was able to finish a book in two days during the readathon intensity. Therefore, I aim to finish reading 4 books including my current read. In addition, I would like to see whether my reading speed has improved or slowed down. 


Below are the selection of books I am going to read in this readathon. Excluding Maya, they are Goodreads' recommendations based on my recent currently-readings that have been on my TBR pile for *coughs* ages *coughs*. There are some more recommendations, but since I am doing the Indonesian Literature Challenge at the moment, I am focusing on Indonesian literary novels at the moment. 
  1. Maya by Ayu Utami
  2. Harimau! Harimau! by Mochtar Lubis (This book has been translated to English as Tiger!)
  3. Ca-bau-kan by Remy Sylado
  4. Gadis Pantai by Pramoedya Ananta Toer (This book has been translated to English as The Girl from the Coast)
  5. Bumi Manusia by Pramoedya Ananta Toer (This book has been translated to English as The Earth of Mankind)
  6. Arok Dedes by Pramoedya Ananta Toer (This book has been translated to English as Arok of Java: A Novel of Early Indonesia)
During this readathon, I will track the total hours of reading, total pages and books read, and a list of books I have read. A wrap-up report will be in this post at the end of the readathon. I will also post timely progress reports at my twitter.

Wrap-Up Report

I did not read as much as I wanted during this readathon. Below is a graphic that shows my daily progress during the #HSReadathon.


My current read was Nh. Dini's Dari Parangakik ke Kampuchea when I started this readathon. Unexpectedly, this book was a slow read for me. My rate was only about 50 pages a day with the book. On Saturday, I only read 8 pages because I had a date with my boyfriend. I also celebrated our 13th monthiversary on the 21st, hence my reading only 21 pages that day (what a coincidence!). Ironically, my reading amount increased when my Eid holidays was over. That may be because of the reading sprints I started to do that day. I started Maya on Friday night after I finally finished read ParangakikMaya was not a really easy read either, but it was a big page turner, so I managed to read a lot until I finished it on the last day of the readathon. 

Total Pages Read: 485
Total Book Read: 2

Books Read

What did you read last weekend? If you participate this readathon, how did you do?  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the read-a-thon! I do hope you're enjoying it so far. I've been busy with the last days of an out of town guest visiting so I'm really behind visiting blogs.

    You have a great list of books and goals in mind. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, thank you for visiting my blog! I have been enjoying my time reading books as much as I can :D Unfortunately, my pace is still remarkably slow and I am still close to finish one book so far. Happy reading to you too, I hope you will find more reading time in the remaining days of this readathon :)

      Delete
  2. You did well. Reading two books in a week is not an easy thing. I hope you enjoyed the read-a-thon. :)

    I'm working on the giveaway winners. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete